Friday, December 5, 2008

As the Mood Swings

Daughter was in a good enough mood this morning. Though she wasn't real thrilled when I looked in her room and said, "I thought you told you'd cleaned your room." I had a couple of calls from her today, but nothing major. Then this afternoon she called to tell me her blood sugar had dropped from over 200 to 90. Within 20 minutes it was in the 50's and I was on my way to pick her up. I took her to a Chinese buffet where she ate everything in sight. She didn't take insulin, but after a quick run through Walmart her blood sugar was back in the 50's.... I'm sure that part of her acting out this evening is connected with the low. They always take a toll on her. But by the time we got home, she was pretty chipper. Then I mentioned that covering up the dirty spot on the bathroom floor with the package of toilet paper didn't get her out of mopping the floor, and mentioned I thought that the bathroom counter should be toothpaste free. That set her off and and started the rage.
I guess I'm just too critical. She calmed down and apologized, and acknowledged that she hadn't done a good job with the bathroom yesterday. I told her I knew that the low had taken a lot out of her, and then had a flash of insight. She has been bugging quite often about moving closer to family. Each time I patiently explain that we need to wait for God to call me to the right church, and that God will know when it is right for us to move. She has been frustrated and impatient with the process. It doesn't help that two years ago at this time I almost received a call that we were both really excited about. Since that time, there haven't been any interviews. Part of the time I put the search on hold because she wasn't stable enough to handle a move.
I told her today that a church about an hour from family wants to do a phone interview next week. She was excited, and ready to move immediately. I explained to her that this was just the beginning of the process, and she needed to be patient. She didn't want to hear that, of course. So when she calmed down, I asked her if she was worried about moving. She looked at me like I was a complete and total idiot and said, "Of course I am!" That makes two of us.
I think the church I will be talking to might be a very good match for my gifts and interests. If it's not, another one will come along. In God's time, we will move to the right place.

No comments: