Friday, August 2, 2013

Day Off

After a lazy morning, I went out and mowed the lawn and did some weeding-- as in I filled one of my 30 gallon yard waste bins.  Still more weeding to go, too.  I never caught up after I broke my arm this spring.

The diet is beginning to get to me.  My friends seem to be sharing and extraordinary number of recipes on facebook lately.  Right now the mainstays of my diet are corn, pinto beans, hummus, cauliflower, carrots, pears, and blueberries.  I've been eating polenta fried with various toppings on it.  I'm going to experiment with putting blueberries in the polenta next time I make it.  I'm going to try making some falafel.  I'm going to have to be creative, as some of the ingredients in the recipes I've seen are things I'm not allowed to eat yet.... 

I keep reminding myself that I'm losing weight  and that my feet no longer hurt.  That helps, but I'd still like a meat lovers pizza right about now-- except I know that I'd feel terrible after I ate it.  Those times I've had foods that I'm sensitive to, I felt terrible afterwards.  Last time I had some pork, I had a headache that night and diarrhea the entire next day.  I never imagined myself going vegan, but that is my new reality.  My feet don't hurt, and I'm losing weight.  My feet don't hurt, and I'm losing weight....

No comments: