Monday, June 25, 2012

Vacation!

The funeral went well this morning, and now I am on vacation-- sort of.  I came home and mowed the lawn, then showered and ran to the bank.  This evening I'm going to a restaurant across town for supper.  The restaurant is donating a portion of their proceeds to an organization several of our members are beginning.  It will be fun.  I like both of these women-- we'll go as friends. 

I had a conversation with the woman who finally saw a Psychiatrist for her Bipolar.  Her General Practitioner is even dumber than I thought.  He claims that Bipolar is one of his specialities.  He told her to take the antidepressant he prescribed at night, because it would help her sleep.  Psychiatrist explained that she should be taking it in the morning, because it would prevent her from sleeping if taken at bedtime.  He also told her it was the wrong medication for her.  She's going to start reducing that and begin on something to help with her moods.  She really liked him.  He is seeing her again in 2 weeks, and told her to call if she didn't see improvement in a couple of days.  She is going to start looking for a new GP.  Yeah!

I've also been exchanging emails with the woman who is coordinating the traveling day camp we're hosting the first week in August.  I think it's good that I'm coming back a week early so I'll be here the week before day camp begins.  We've hit a few bumps all ready, and I'm sure there will be more as day camp gets closer.  The woman who is coordinating it is a retired Christian educator, so she knows what she's doing.  I'm grateful she was willing to take this on, especially with some of the challenges that are arising. 

For the rest of this week I'm going to be working in the yard, getting our camping gear sorted and ready, and preparing my class for the conference next week.  I'm looking forward to it.  As I was mowing today I was thinking about the fact that two weeks from today, we'll be camping, for the first time in 3 years.  I'm really looking forward to it. 

No comments: