Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sleeping In

I slept in today.  It felt good.  I've been very lazy today.  That also feels good.  I have a number of things I need to get done this week, some of which can't be put off-- like getting ready to teach my class and checking out the camping gear we haven't used in 3 years.  But I decided I can have a lazy day.  It's allowed.  After all, I am on vacation. 

Daughter called a little while ago.  She has grown so much.  My mantra, "I have confidence in your ability to figure it out," has had an impact.  I no longer get the crisis, "come rescue me" calls.  She was frustrated with a staff member, but she'd figured it out.  I'm proud of her. 

I got an email today about happenings back in Tiny Village.  Sometimes, they are hard to read.  But just as Daughter can figure things out on her own, so can they. 

No comments: