Saturday, June 9, 2012

Perspective

When we lived in Tiny Village, it was 10-12 miles to get a tank of gas or loaf of bread.  Now that we are in a more metropolitan area, everything is closer.  This morning I decided I wanted to run some errands on the other side of town.  That always seems like it is so far away.  I was surprised when I looked at the odometer and realized it was only 12 miles. 

Daughter is with me this weekend, since she chose not to go to the big dance last night.  She got a hair cut this morning, and then helped with recycling.  I don't know if I'll be able to convince her to help in the yard or not....  Right now she's taking a nap.  She really is much more pleasant to have around now. 

Last night I took her to see the new Madagascar movie.  I'd promised a movie the night of the dance if she chose not to go.  I let her pick the movie.  Yesterday was the last day of school, and we went to the 4:05 movie.  The place was packed with children.  While it wasn't my choice, it was a cute movie. 

I'm enjoying my weekend with Daughter. 

No comments: