Sunday, June 24, 2012

Vacation Countdown

I have the next 4 Sundays off, and I'm looking forward to that.  We did a drama in worship today, based on the story of David and Goliath.  King Saul, David, and David's older brother, Eliab, all reflected on the story.  The man I'd recruited to play David was fantastic, and he energized the other two.  In his reflections, he was talking about how he always got stuck tending the sheep.  He had the congregation completing the sentence for him, "I had to go tend the ....."  He put some humor in it, and the congregation loved it.  I loved it, because it was a reworking of something I'd done 3 years ago in Tiny Village. 

Our AV guy installed a splitter and brought his laptop today.  It's much easier, now, to leave a picture on the front screens and use the rear screen a teleprompter.  I think I'm going to try to do things like this more often.  The congregation loves it, and because I have to have them written ahead of time, it means I don't have the sermon hanging over my head all week.

Daughter is in her stress out to vacation mode.  At lunch we talked about it some.  She thinks it's going to be very different since she no longer lives with me.  We talked about all the things that would be the same.  She called this afternoon, upset about the way two of the other women in the house were bickering.  I identified the real issue as vacation stress, and she talked about it some more.  I suggested she make a list of all the things she wants to do while we're on vacation, and also to think about camp foods she wants to make.  She got excited, and hung up to go make a list.  It could be a long week....

No comments: