Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Fun Saturday

I met a colleague for lunch at a historic restaurant I hadn't been to in over 30 years (it's close to the town where I went to college).  We had a wonderful conversation, and I learned that she had a foster son for a while.  Like me, she didn't intend to be a parent, but took him on a temporary basis because she had met him in the course of her ministry.  She had him until he turned 18....

Then I met Sister at an outlet mall for shopping and supper.  It's always nice to spend time with Sister without our daughters around.  Tomorrow is Sister's birthday, so I took her out to eat in celebration.  Daughter called while I was at lunch I told her I was in a meeting and had confidence in her ability to figure things out. Apparently she figured things out, because she hasn't called back.  I'm enjoying the freedom to do things without having to worry about Daughter and her schedule.  It's a nice change.  I think I've finally reached the point that I don't feel guilty about doing it, which is nice.

It has been a fun Saturday.

No comments: