Monday, June 4, 2012

Three More Sundays

I can tell it's getting close to vacation.  I'm tired, and it's getting harder to motivate myself to get much done.  I'm down to my last three Sundays before I have four Sundays off.  I'm done teaching until fall.  The big project for the summer is going to be updating publicity pieces, like our brochures and the website.  However, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to write sermons right now, which makes starting on those other things rather challenging. 

This morning I went to the hospital for a member who was having surgery, and waited with his wife so she wouldn't be alone.  Since I came into the office I've had a steady stream of visitors.  They've been a welcome distraction from other things.  We have received three bids on replacing the furnace and air conditioner for the sanctuary.  I've had two conversations about timing and funding that project.  One of the men who has been doing some historical research brought me in an annual report from 35 years ago.  The church was growing then, and he pointed out that they were focused on the same things I've been encouraging the board to address.  He saw this as confirmation I'm leading them in the right direction.  It was a good conversation and a good recognition.  It doesn't change the fact that I'm tired, though. 

In a few minutes, I'll head home for a couple of hours before coming back for this evening's meeting.   I have 6 more meetings before vacation.  Some of them will have some pretty significant business to discuss.  I hope I will have something to offer.  Right now, though, I'm tired.   Vacation is coming, and I need it. 

No comments: