Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Exercise

I've been working on my health by doing more exercise lately.  I've been walking, working in the yard, and exploring qigong and yoga.  Yesterday and today were my first attempts at yoga.  It went better than I thought it would.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

I do think the exercise is helping.  I went out and mowed the lawn when I got home.  The heat index was 94.  I stopped for breaks and to drink cold water, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would or wear me out as much as I thought it would, which is good, because I'm walking later this evening. 

Daughter is calling less and is happier when she calls.  She had an experience with a male friend she didn't like much last night.  He was having a "birthday party" and wanted Daughter to come.  I have meetings on Monday evening, so I told her I couldn't help.  I looked at the flyer she had, and told her I didn't think she'd like it.  It was a car show with a DJ at a bar.  Apparently this man's step father is the DJ. 

She arranged to get there with help from her house.  She called to report in last night.  He was drinking, which she didn't like.  She was the only person he invited.  When she got ready to leave she gave him a hug and wished him happy birthday.  She reports he pushed her down and kissed her neck.  She said she didn't like that.  I pointed out that it wasn't a party, it was a date.  I don't know if she knew she was the only person invited.

I do know that she handled the entire incident remarkably well.   She was concerned about seeing him today.  I suggested she tell him she wasn't interested in a boyfriend.  She seemed satisfied with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creepy and probably unsafe. If this man is in her day program, should staff and other clients know about his behaviors? R in SL

Reverend Mom said...

I'm sure Daughter has told them all about it. She does a good job of advocating for herself when it comes to sexual issues.