Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vacation and Health

I am now officially on vacation. Yesterday I caught up on all the laundry and went shopping. I also had more blood work done in preparation for my appointment Thursday. I should come out of that appointment with a referral to a rheumatologist. I bought some fruit bushes for the backyard, but haven't done anything with them yet. It is very hot here, just like it is in much of the country this week. I got very good prices on them, buying this late in the season. I also had to go to 3 different stores to find what I was looking for.
.
Perhaps my biggest goal for this week is to do some reflecting and set some priorities for my work going forward. I need to work more efficiently so that I'm working fewer hours and getting more done. I don't want to give up chat time with people who stop by the church. From some conversations I had last week, I know that the congregation loves being able to stop in and chat. They could do that with the founding pastor, but not with those who followed him.
.
As I've pondered my health issues, I've decided that they are a clear message that I need to take better care of myself. I have found comfort in the thought that God called me to this place and will help me fulfill that calling. The health issues are a reminder that I need to be a good steward of my body. Sometimes I'm a slow learner.

No comments: