Thursday, July 21, 2011

Over 2 Hours

I spent over 2 hours filling pill boxes this morning. I filled 4 weeks for Daughter and 8 weeks for me. All the medications had been sitting on the kitchen table, so getting them put away felt good. Of course, I then went to see my nurse practitioner, who changed a couple of my meds, but that's taken care of, too.
.
Once again when I went to the pharmacy to pick up Daughter's meds yesterday, there were problems. They forgot to bill her secondary on two of them. Her insurance company is still refusing to cover one, even though her doctor called to get prior authorization. I'm so tired of dealing with them. She has an appointment with her doctor tomorrow, so I'm going to let them deal with it.
.
My sister has yet to sign and return the forms accepting her role as back-up guardian for Daughter. I think she's having second thoughts. As I consider the time I spend fighting for Daughter's rights, I can understand why she doesn't want to take it on. Both of my sisters are afraid of Daughter. It breaks my heart to think that when I die, Daughter will have a public guardian, because there won't be a family member willing to take it on.
.
This has been a rough week. I hope that the time I spent filling pill boxes this morning will help me get back on track. I hope.

No comments: