Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Aftermath

Guilt drove Daughter to clean the garage while I mowed the lawn today. I had a new garage door installed this week (the 32 year old wooden door was rotting out). We had to move some things to give the men room to work, so Daughter put those things back where they belonged and did a general cleaning. She did a decent job. I think the hot outside work of the last few days has caught up with me. I slept for a couple of hours this afternoon-- something I rarely do. It's back to work on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine. While we didn't get everything done I would have liked, I'm delighted with the progress we made in the yard.
.
I'm pleased that she turned it around so quickly. Sometimes guilt will feed her downward spiral. She was quite proud of herself, saying, "Yeah, Me!" as she talked about how she'd turned things around.

No comments: