Monday, July 25, 2011

Honest Dishonesty

This morning Daughter had a huge backpack that was very full that she was taking with her to her program. I asked her what was in it. "Just music and art supplies." She rushed out the door.
.
It's early, so it took me a minute, but I figured it out and followed her out the door. "What are you taking to play the music?"
.
"My portable DVD player."
.
She is not allowed to take her portable DVD player to her program. She has taken too many things there and had them destroyed. The DVD player is basically for her to use at the church and on trips. We've had this conversation multiple times.
.
"Wrong! Bring it here."
.
She was quite unhappy that I made her take it out in front of me. "See, this is why I don't like to tell you things."
.
"Why, so you can break the rules?"
.
"Yes!" With that honest answer, she stormed out of the house. I am looking forward to 10 hours without her today. I have a man coming to help me in the yard. It will be a good day.
.
I think tonight I will begin inspecting the bags she intends to take with her to her program. For now, though, she's someone else's problem.

No comments: