Friday, July 22, 2011

Realization

Yesterday Sister Best Friend invited us to join her church at an event here in Capital. It would have been fun. I declined, though, because I knew that Daughter would complain and make me miserable.
.
I decided I wanted to go to the place that is supposed to have the best pizza in the area tonight. I negotiated with Daughter, telling her I'd take her out if she promised not to argue with me about the order. I told her we wouldn't go if she was going to argue. So she promised. She didn't argue about the pizza I ordered, though she said it would have been better with mushrooms (I didn't order the one I really wanted, because it had mushrooms and I didn't want to listen to her complain about the mushrooms which she has always claimed to hate). She did argue about how many pieces she could eat. Then she excused herself to go the restroom. I sat waiting for her return and wondering what was keeping her so long.
.
I want to do something fun tomorrow, but I can't think of anything we could do that Daughter wouldn't sabotage. This is no way to live.

No comments: