Friday, July 8, 2011

Home!

We're home, though it will be for less than 24 hours. I've got the last load of laundry in the washing machine now. We stopped by the church so I could put the books I took with me for my class away. Administrative Assistant said it had been a busy week-- even without me there to make extra work.
.
I stopped by the post office to pick up my mail. It's due to be delivered next Saturday, but I thought if the order had arrived from the doctor, I would go get the additional blood work done today. It wasn't there, but my lab results were. I've spent much of the afternoon researching progressive sys.temic scler.osis, as the lab results were consistent with that diagnosis. My reading was not particularly encouraging, especially since I've had many of the symptoms that are listed.
.
I considered backing out of the mission trip, but decided I didn't want to deal with the anxiety that would create in those who are going and especially in Daughter. She's asked me several times today if I'm feeling okay. I keep telling her I'm fine.
.
Once the laundry is finished, we'll have to repack for the mission trip. I'm really wondering how much I'll be able to do. My hands are hurting quite a bit, especially when I use them in any way that puts pressure on my fingers, like squeezing the clips on hangers.
.
I need to remember that God called me to the right place at the right time, and that plan doesn't include me not being healthy enough to carry out the ministry that has been entrusted to my care.

No comments: