Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vacation

Yesterday finally felt like vacation. In the morning, I saw that there were still tickets available for my college's alumni outing to a local baseball game. Since it is cooler this week, I decided to go. I was a little concerned about how Daughter would handle it, but decided I wanted to go, so I'd risk it.
.
I then spent the day working in the yard. One of the men from the church joined me. He installed gutter guards, and we cleared about 100 square feet and I planted blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry bushes. I still have to finish spreading the mulch around them. I also used landscape fabric, so hopefully I won't have to do battle with weeds.
.
Daughter helped by putting things away when she got home. On the way to the game, I explained what I wanted from her:
  • No begging for food or souvenirs
  • No hanging on me
  • No jealousy if I was having fun
  • No asking to leave early

I told her we'd go do something fun following her psychiatrist's appointment Wednesday if she was cooperative. She was more than cooperative-- she had a great time. She really got into the game. I enjoyed visiting with alums. I didn't know any of them prior to last night, but it was a very pleasant evening.

Today, I'm meeting Sister and Short Niece at the local zoo. I should have time to finish spreading the mulch before I meet them. I also need to do a little bit of shopping today.

Daughter has decided we should go hiking tomorrow and she wants to take PB & J sandwiches. This is something we normally do on our camping vacations. She usually complains and tells me she hates hiking and hates PB & J. I'm delighted that I'll get to go hiking. Now I just have to decide where we'll go.

No comments: