Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday

I had big plans for my week with family. I was going to read a book in preparation for today's sermon. I was going to plan Sunday morning worship themes for Lent. I was going to work on Wednesday evening worship for Lent. Instead, I went through financial records, searched for insurance policies and consulted with siblings.
Thanks to a friend who sent me a summary of the first few chapters of the book, I was able to put together a sermon for this morning. I asked for prayers that Dad would be able to be at the wedding, and for Brother, as he deals with his Dad's impending death and his upcoming wedding.
The rest of the day I'm going to be lazy. I'm getting in my recliner and watching the Super Bowl. Tomorrow I'll jump into all the work that didn't get done last week. But for today, I'm putting my feet up. I probably won't make it until the end of the game, and that's fine.

No comments: