Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Fish


As a kid, I had goldfish. I remember watching them, and how they were constantly opening and closing their mouths. I was reminded of that yesterday evening as I watched Dad, who was constantly opening and closing his mouth. He still has all of his own teeth, and they were clicking each time he closed his mouth. He got up a little after 3:00, and I could hear him sitting in the kitchen opening and closing his mouth. He was up about 2 hours, which made for a very short night for me.


He has slept most of the day. The occupational therapist got him to walk to the bathroom. The physical therapist did well to get him to the door of the apartment and back to his chair. He is very weak. His appetite has gotten really bad, too. He can fall asleep in the middle of a sentence.


Far Away Sister and her family arrived today. Dad was pleased to see them, and Mom clung to Far Away Sister and sobbed. She kept pointing to Niece and Nephew, who have grown tremendously since we saw them. I met with Brother and Future Sister-in-law to finalize plans for the wedding.


We're supposed to get 5-8" of snow on Saturday, which should make the wedding even more fun. I really don't know if Dad will be here for the wedding.

No comments: