Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Naming the Stress

I talked to Daughter's case manager this morning. I think Daughter's stress and conflict over family situations are coming out at the workshop. It turns out that she was teasing J, trying to take a picture of him when he didn't want his picture taken. She wanted him to chase her, and then when he chased her to get the cell phone away from her, she complained that he was touching her. They talk about the importance of not touching, and on the way out of the meeting, she asks him for a high five.
I've made an appointment with Therapist tomorrow morning. Maybe we can get Daughter to deal with her conflicted feelings about J and with all of her feelings regarding all that is going on in the family right now. I just got off the phone with my sisters. We are trying to get things set up for Dad to go home from rehab next Monday. Sister visited him today. He's still retaining lots of fluid and is using lots of cough drops for his "cold." His congestion is coming from the fluid in his lungs.
I suspect her reaction to J is also a reaction to the knowledge that her Grandad is dying. We just need to help her name the stress and deal with it appropriately. Did I say just? I wish it could be that easy. I suspect it's going to be a challenge.

No comments: