Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to Work

So I headed over to the office this morning to face a mountain of mail and begin to dig into the various other items that needed attention. This is a busy time in the office, with Lent beginning tomorrow. We also need to get a newsletter out by Sunday, and we have the senior luncheon tomorrow.
.
Mom's EEG showed seizure activity, so they started her on depakote. Dad is sounding congested and down today. I think he will slowly slip away now.
.
On the home front, Daughter is have blood sugars well over 300. I suspect that her insulin was subjected to one too many temperature extremes during our travels. We'll start her on fresh insulin tonight. The doctor wanted to know if her blood sugar was over 300, so the workshop will be calling him. We see him on Monday. I need to call and get new orders for Daughter's lab work. Somewhere in the midst of all the craziness in our lives, I have misplaced the orders he gave us in December.
.
I'm still tired, but it's good to be back home and back into the routine. It's good to be busy with church work instead of trying to juggle Dad's and Daughter's needs full time. Those needs are still out there, but I am getting a welcome break as I shift my focus to other things.

No comments: