Friday, February 20, 2009

Can't Win

So last night, for the first time, I wasn't awakened by Dad coming out to the kitchen in the middle of the night. I awoke at about 4:30 because I was thirsty, and realized that I hadn't heard him all night. I drank some water from the water bottle I keep next to me at night, and tried to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes and pondered the possibility Dad had died in his sleep. I finally got up and went to the bathroom and checked to make sure he was still breathing. He was. But I was done sleeping for the night.
The rehearsal dinner is at a Chinese restaurant, and all their food is high in sodium. Dad is supposed to pick something from a restaurant across the street, and Brother will pick it up for him. I read him the menu last night, but nothing sounded good to him. This morning he asked me if he had picked anything out yet. I'm going to have to go over the menu with him again. He got up at 5:00, and has been demanding lots of attention this morning.
I have lots to do today, and am already feeling tired. Maybe I can go back to sleep for a few minutes, at least.

No comments: