Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jumping Back In


No more time to be sick! I jumped back into things this morning with worship and Sunday School. It was good to see everybody and get back into the routine. I'm still a little weak, and sat through some of the hymns, but I made it through. We had some visitors this morning, which was nice, and they plan on becoming regulars, which is even nicer.


Tonight I have youth group, so I intend to take it easy this afternoon. Daughter is off to bowling with a respite worker. They're also going to stop and get milk and pick up prescriptions so I don't have to make a trip to town today or tomorrow. I intend to take a nap this afternoon.


I also need to figure out the prayer service for Wednesday so I can assign parts tonight, and I promised them some weird games at tonight's meeting, so I need to come up with some of those, as well. There are a couple of websites I can check out, or I may pull something out we've done before.


I'm looking forward to catching up with all the kids tonight. Like Daughter, I like getting back into the routine. I'm already compiling lists in my mind of things I need to get done this week. I probably should get them recorded someplace before I forget. I've already scheduled two appointments for the week. It's the beginning of the year, so we need to get all the annual reports written and ready for the congregational meeting. It will be a busy week, and I'll love every minute of it.

No comments: