Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It Figures


After all of these dire forecasts for lots of snow that have turned out to be be false alarms, today we were only supposed to get a little bit. Except we're getting a lot, and they are now closing all schools at 1:00 this afternoon. They have a policy of not closing schools early, because it creates problems when parents aren't home from work yet.


I guess that determines my plans for this afternoon: worship planning here at home, no hospital visits today. If it was an emergency, I'd go, but this man is apparently in rehab, and I only found out when he wasn't at the nursing home yesterday when I stopped by to see him. I figure if it's not important enough to tell me about the hospitalization, it's not important enough to make the drive on bad roads.


No comments: