Monday, January 12, 2009

I Don't Want Breakfast at 5:30


My alarm goes off at 6:00 and 6:15. I'm normally up by 6:30. On Mondays (my day off) I generally get up a bit later, though usually by 7:30. So this morning I'm in bed, snuggled up with 2 cats warming my feet and sound asleep, when I hear a voice.


"Mom, I made you breakfast."


"What time is it?"


"5:30"


"I don't want breakfast at 5:30."


"Well I made it and you have to eat it."


So it's 6:00 and I'm up. I've eaten some delicious scrambled eggs (with ham, cheese, and Italian seasnoning) and some mixed fruit. It was good. There were only 2 eggs left, so Daughter decided I should have the eggs and she'd have her regular breakfast. I told her she could substitute the mixed fruit for her oatmeal. I should have told her she could have half the eggs. But I'm not coherent at 5:30 in the morning. That's why I don't get up at 5:30 in the morning.


I'm up now. Daughter is in a chipper mood, which is a nice change. The workshop is on an hour delay because of the weather. I wonder if I can sneak back to bed now....

No comments: