Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Potato Supper


Tonight the youth group sponsored their annual potato supper and led a prayer service. The proceeds from the potato supper will go to the Souper Bowl of Caring. The weather today wasn't cooperating, so I really didn't expect many people to show up. We have a strong wind and it's icy out. I was amazed. We ended up with almost 50 people coming out to support the kids.


The kids all came through with the items they were supposed to bring, with one exception. They also did a good job with their parts for the prayer service. There was only one minor glitch-- we had a new oven installed in the kitchen yesterday, and the potatoes I put in that oven weren't cooking. I finally turned it up to 450 and moved some of the potatoes to the old oven to finish up. The women spent well over $1,000 on that new oven, so they are not happy this evening. I'm just glad I noticed the problem in time to make the adjustments necessary to get the potatoes done.


I brought home 17 left over potatoes, which I will cut up and put in the freezer. They will go in the potato soup I'm making for our youth group meeting at the end of the month. We're going to eat sloppy joes and potato soup and watch and discuss the movie Flywheel


Tonight was fun. I enjoy our youth, and I enjoy the opportunity to sit around and visit with people over a meal. We have a really good group of youth right now. Tonight is one of those nights when I celebrate God's call to me to ministry.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Now I'm craving potato soup!