Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Hospital

I'm sitting in Dad's hospital room waiting for the cardiologist and nephrologist to come see him. Sister was here most of the day, but she just took Daughter and left. I'll go pick up Daughter and have supper with Sister and her family in an hour or so.
Apparently Dad has a leaky heart valve, and that and his bad kidneys are the reason he keeps going into Congestive Heart Failure. One doctor mentioned the possibility of repairing the valve, but I'm not sure he could handle the surgery at this point.
My plan is to head home on Friday. I kind of force the issue by only bringing enough medication to last until Friday. If we have to come back, we can, but I don't want to stay here indefinitely. Brother will be back from his business trip Thursday or Friday, so I should at least be able to get back home for a few days.
Dad's aide was telling us we needed to watch "The Notebook." Apparently it's about a man and his wife with Alzheimer's and his visits with her. I told her we were living it, we didn't need to see the movie.
The hospital has blocked many popular sites-- like MSNBC on their network. I may go through withdrawal these next few days.

No comments: