Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thinking and Planning

I can tell that the stress has lessened at the church.  I'm thinking and planning and being proactive about things.  The personnel committee is rewriting all of our job descriptions, some of which haven't been updated in over 10 years.  We're also looking at our personnel policies, which also need updating. 

I told Administrative Assistant that we need to create a work calendar, mapping out the things that need to happen each month of the year.  Today I was working on stewardship material and I also wrote the letter we send out before the holidays to people who have experienced the death of a family member in the last year.  We give them some resources and suggestions for coping with the first holidays after a death. 

Daughter sent me a text telling me I needed to get her out of her house now.  I responded that she needed to take some deep breaths and listen to her music.  I haven't heard anything from her since, which is a good sign. 

It has been a cold, gray day with some rain and snow.  They seem minor compared to what others have suffered through, but it was enough that I decided to come home and start a fire in my fireplace.  Kitten and I are enjoying it.  Now I'm going to do a bit of work on the sermon before I start working on my crafts. 

No comments: