Sunday, October 7, 2012

Seeking Balance

This was the 5th Sunday in a row with afternoon commitments, and I'm busy again the next 2 Sunday afternoons.  I've also had several weeks of 4 nights a week commitments.  Yesterday as I was working in the yard I realized that I haven't been home enough to keep up with things. 

I guess it's no wonder I'm tired.  I overslept this morning-- I didn't get to the church until 8:15, which is the latest I've arrived on a Sunday.  I didn't have any commitments until 8:45, so that was okay, except a deacon was waiting in the parking lot to make the coffee, which had already been made.  I think he must have been playing golf the night we discussed that the office would make sure the coffee was set up on Friday and I would plug it in when I got to the church Sunday morning.  He was good natured about it, fortunately. 

This is going to be another crazy week.  I have a number of meetings and a very large memorial service in addition to the normal two classes and Sunday morning worship. 

Daughter is on edge.   She is in her third week with a brand new birth control pill, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue. 

In other news, I received my gas bill yesterday, it was significantly lower than last year.  I may look to see how the temperatures this year compared with last year.  I was delighted though, because I think the new furnace will save me money. 

Tonight I'm going to do some work on the memorial service and the Wednesday night class.  Any thing I can get done today will make the week a little easier.  I need to make the week a little easier.  I am very grateful that Daughter is no longer living here.  I wouldn't be able to do all I'm doing if she did.  It's much easier to deal with her mood swings by text  message than in person.                       

No comments: