Friday, October 5, 2012

Successes and Frustration

It's been a busy week, and a mixed one.  At this point, I'm trying very hard to focus on the good things and not let the one major frustration get to me.  We have a huge memorial service coming up on the 14th.   I met with the family last Sunday, and they promised to get me a bunch of information so I could have a draft of the service ready for them when we meet again this Sunday.  Wednesday I said I needed the material by 9:00 Thursday if they wanted to see a draft.  Yesterday evening I asked for an update and an estimate as to when they might be able to get the material to me.  I have heard nothing.  I should just resign myself to not having anything for them to look at Sunday, but I keep hoping they'll get the material to me and I can put something together and get it to Administrative Assistant today.  It's supposed to be my day off, but if the information comes in, I will want to work with it.  I'm frustrated that they haven't even given me an update or estimate as to when they will get the material to me....

I need to let that go, and focus instead on the good things.  We had an awesome book discussion Wednesday night.  We started with 3 people last month, and we're now up to 10.  The discussion was great.  A woman who has been visiting worship the last few weeks came and was very engaged in the discussion.  I'm looking forward to our next gathering on Wednesday.

I have the sermon for Sunday pretty much done.  I need to finalize the PowerPoint, and even that is close to done.  I have a list of things I'd like to get done around the house today-- it is my day off, and I am going to take it.  Daughter is happy, and we had a good visit yesterday evening and this morning.  I am picking her up tomorrow afternoon, and she'll stay until after lunch on Sunday.  There are many more joys right now, so I'm going to set the frustration aside for now. 

No comments: