Friday, October 26, 2012

Better Living through Medication

After the increase in her anti psychotic, Daughter slept last night, something she has not been doing.  Today she worked with me in the basement.  She cleaned while I painted one wall.  I painted the wall by my sewing machine mint green.  The basement is unfinished, and I thought the walls were unpainted, but I think they had been painted, but they were dark and dirty.  I also bought some brighter light bulbs, and some pull chains for the lights.  For the first time since I moved in here, I can turn on all the lights in the basement.  The strings were broken on several of them, so I had not been able to reach them to turn them on. 

I want to move the craft things I'm doing for the bazaar downstairs.  They'd taken over the kitchen and family room, and I want to be able to work on them in an inviting area-- or at least an area that is a little less dismal than it was.  In the basement I have a large table and will be able to leave things out without cluttering up my living space.  My main project for the bazaar involves gluing ornaments and such on grape vine wreaths to make candle rings.  They take up a bit of space, so I'm looking forward to getting set up downstairs. 

I still need to get things put away and arranged downstairs, but I think I'm going to like it.  Tomorrow I have a brief memorial service around noon, and then we're having a mystery meal at the church at 6:30.   The sermon and PowerPoint are both done, which means that I have had time to do the things I want to do this weekend. 

No comments: