Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Drama and a Confession

Yesterday Daughter told one of the supervisors at the workshop that she wants to quit right now and can't wait until the January meeting.  She said nobody would listen to her when she said she couldn't stay there.  The supervisor contacted the case manager, who contacted me.  Daughter also insisted she had to move out of her home last night.  Today she said she needed to leave the program she likes to go home.  In other words, she's not in a good place.  I suspect part of it may be related to changing her birth control pill.  It's also October, which is when birth mom took the kids and moved into a shelter. 

I got a phone call late this morning from the director at Daughter's program.  A staff member had counted the carbs in her lunch, and instead of 45 it was 84.  She wanted to know what to do.  I told her to give Daughter additional insulin.  She then talked to Daughter.  Turns out that Daughter has not been following the proper diet for quite some time.  Staff is not measuring her food.  I had suspected there were issues, but was tired and didn't want to take it on. 

I asked the director to make a report to the entire team, but I don't think that has happened yet.  Daughter is now sobbing and insisting she's no good and I shouldn't want to spend time with her.  I am hurting for her, and I'm grateful she's not living with me.  I'm not sure what the next steps will be. 

No comments: