Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Off

This morning Daughter went to church courtesy of on of our members who picked her up.  She said she had to go back to our church, she didn't want to visit a different church with me.  I went to worship at a colleague's congregation.  It was nice to sit in the congregation and worship. 

When Daughter got home yesterday, she did all her laundry from vacation.  I came home and collapsed.  Of course, she's younger than I am, she slept on the drive home, and she did not do as much of the packing as I did yesterday.  She was working, but she is slow and easily distracted.  It felt good to sleep in a bed in a cool house.  I slept over 8 1/2 hours.  I generally sleep pretty well with my air mattress, and most of the time we were camping it was pleasantly cool at night.  The last two nights, however, were definitely not cool....

I have now started my laundry and intend to do some work in my garden this afternoon.  It's hot outside, so I will take frequent breaks to come in and work inside, too.  I'm going to make a list of the things I hope to accomplish during this final week of vacation.  I'm planning to do some cleaning and rearranging here at home.  I also have work I want to accomplish in my gardens, of course. 

I'm going to sit down at some point today and prioritize what I hope to accomplish.  I suspect my list will be longer than the available time, so prioritizing things will be important. I'm going to make two road trips this week-- one to get the mouse on my laptop repaired.  Daughter's laptop has been repaired and should be arriving at the church early this week.  She will be pleased when she's here Thursday to have it back.  It hasn't worked for several months, but I didn't make time to call technical support until a couple of weeks ago.  It was still under warranty, so that's good.  The mouse for my computer will be covered by the extended warranty.  I'm going to take it in so I can get it fixed the same day.  I don't want to be without it for the time it would take to send it in. 

Now I'm going to put the first load of laundry in the dryer, start the second load, and head out to the garden.  It's going to be a good afternoon. 

No comments: