Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Heat

It is hot here, as it is in much of the country.  We're under heat and air quality warnings.  Fortunately, the facilities are air conditioned and my room is in the main building, so I don't have to go outside.  Even those of us who are staying inside are dragging in this heat. 

Daughter is still homesick, and got frustrated in the class where she is a helper.  She took a long nap this afternoon, so hopefully that helped.  We're in the midst of the annual talent show drama.  She has signed up to be in it, and is stressing out over it.  I have suggested she take her name off the list, but she won't.  She knows, though, that I have no patience for the talent show drama, so she's dropped a few hints, but I'm not biting. 

She is much more independent this year, which is nice.  I've been allowing her to carry her own insulin, which seems to be working.  I'm teaching a Bible study, and taking a painting class.  I've never done any painting, and I find I'm enjoying it.  The instructor is introducing us to various techniques, and I'm enjoying the class.

This has been a wonderful time to relax and unwind, and I'm enjoying it.  Even though I'm teaching a class, there's  plenty of time for conversation and relaxation.  I'm looking forward to camping next week.  I've been watching the forecast, and it looks like the weather will be more reasonable.  I hope so, anyway. 

No comments: