Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back in Worship

This morning I put on hose and makeup for the first time in 5 weeks.  It was the only thing I didn't like about the day.  It was really good to be back and I had lots of people telling me how much they'd missed me.  I enjoyed hearing that.  We had the young adults who are counselors for the day camp we're hosting this week in worship.  We also had 3 visitors.  They were people who had visited while I was on vacation, and I wrote them notes last week.  I wrote 5 notes, and 2 of those resulted in return visits and thank yous today. 

Treasurer was asking me some questions about church history last week, so I loaned him a book.  He's read it and loved it.  He said it answered lots of his questions, and he wants to discuss it with me.  I warned him he may know more about church history than I do now, but I would be glad to have a conversation about it.

Daughter spent the night here, and I told her this morning I was going to have to stay after worship and the fellowship meal for a meeting about day camp.  She wasn't thrilled.  "Can I find someone else to take me home?"  I told her she could, and she did. 

She has matured so much.  I thanked the woman who has been transporting her, and she told me she was thrilled that Daughter is comfortable calling her to ask.  Administrative Assistant said, "She's developing her own identity at the church, separate from you."  That's good. 

I came home and mowed the lawn, and now I'm watching the Olympics.  I'm also breaking my new rule, as I have my computer out here in the family room.  My goal now is to keep the computer in the guest room/home office when I'm here at home.  I'm working on more balance in my life, and I feel like I'm making progress. 

No comments: