Friday, July 6, 2012

Heat and Camping

Today was a record high.  When I say record high, I don't mean record for the day, I mean the highest temperature ever recorded here.  We came home and did laundry.  I went out and did some watering and weeding, and picked up all the branches that had been blown down in a storm.  I didn't try to mow the lawn, I'll do that tomorrow morning, when it's cooler. 

We got some of the gear in the car, and have some more to load tomorrow.  I hope to leave here about 11:30.  I want to check in to the campground at 3:00 (or a little earlier, though officially we can't check in until 3:00).  At 5:00 we'll walk over to the concert.  Here's the exciting news:  right now it's about 15 degrees cooler at the state park.  For the first 4-5 days we're there, the forecast calls for highs of 80-82 and lows of 55-57.  As far as I'm concerned, that's perfect camping weather. 

Sister and Short Niece are going to join us for tomorrow evening.  I spoke to Sister this afternoon, and she was planning to skip the sleeping bags and just bring a sheet.  I asked her if she'd checked the forecast, and told her I thought she'd want a sleeping bag. 

Daughter has been super cooperative with the work we've had to do since we got home.  She has matured so much.  I have decided I'm not going to take my computer, so I won't be blogging for the next week or so.  Stay cool!

No comments: