Friday, July 20, 2012

Improving

My back is definitely improving.  Daughter was home last night, and as I thought, she was quite concerned.  She told me several times I was scaring her.  I asked her if she'd like to come tomorrow and help me do the cleaning I haven't been able to do because of my back.  I promised to pay her.  She was very eager to do that. 

The referral has gone through for her to start in a sheltered workshop one day a week.  As soon as all the key people are back from vacation, we'll have a pre-placement meeting and get her started.  She understands this is the first step towards getting a job.  I hope she will be able to make this work.  We'll increase her days there as she adjusts and is successful.  She would like to start with 2 or 3 days a week, but that's not going to happen.  I wish I were more optimistic about her ability to succeed there.  She's matured so much-- maybe she is ready now to make this work. 

No comments: