Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Only Fair....


Since I posted a picture of Daughter's attempt to burn the house down some months back, it's only fair that I post a picture of mine. The timer on the stove doesn't work, so I've been using the timer on the microwave. Yesterday I turned set it, but forgot to set the power level to zero. By the time I realized something was wrong, here's what the potholders and baked potato bag in the microwave looked like.

My brain still isn't functioning on all cylinders-- still too much stress. Dad is not doing well. He turns 80 on Thursday, and we have a birthday open house planned for him on Saturday. Sister and I doubt he'll be strong enough to be there. He's back in congestive heart failure, and even with increased diuretics, the excess fluid is not coming off.

I now have 2 funerals this week, plus running around for Daughter. It's a busy week, and I need to get my brain back in gear. I won't be using the timer on the microwave anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I have to tell my story. A couple of months ago I put a pizza into the microwave on a Saturday afternoon. I forgot the timer. I incinerated and set off the smoke alarm that's connected to my security system. The system people called the fire department. A big fat fire truck turned up on my curb with exactly one fire fighter. (I'd called to say there was no fire, but they had to send him anyway). I told him I'd burned the pizza. He suggested that I set the timer. Good advice, huh?

Maeve the pyromaniac

Reverend Mom said...

Thank you for a laugh! I need to get my smoke detectors working, before one of us does manage to burn the house down. I also need to get a working timer.

maeve said...

Yep, you do.