Thursday, August 13, 2009

Morphine


Yesterday, when Daughter was complaining about her terrible headache, she told me it was worse than what it had been at the workshop. "It wasn't hurting that much there so I didn't need to ask for any morphine."

.

"What?"

"That's what they call Tylenol at the workshop, morphine."

"I don't think so. Morphine is a completely different medication. They wouldn't be giving it you at the workshop."

"Oh. Well, they call it something other than Tylenol."

"Acetaminophen?"

"Yes! That's what they call it!"

Daughter has an auditory processing disorder. It's conversations like this that remind me of that. I did have to smile, though.

4 comments:

Linda B said...

We have to find humor wherever we can! I'm sure most families wouldn't believe what we find humorous and others don't.

Reverend Mom said...

We really do develop the ability to laugh at the most abnormal things....

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom!

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Beach Walkin. I need to hear that occasionally.