Monday, August 24, 2009

Of Course

Daughter's blood sugars have been running high. I had suggested she might have been into some extra food, but she assured me that wasn't the case, of course. So I was pondering the options: had her insulin gone bad? was she really sick? was this the result of stress? was I somehow miscalculating her carbs and insulin? was she having lows and rebounding?
.
Yesterday afternoon I walked by her bedroom and saw her moving quickly to hide something in her closet. She had a box of cereal hidden in her room. At least it was whole grain cereal and not presweetened, but it certainly explained why her blood sugars were running high. I confiscated the cereal and what was left went into the trash. This morning her blood sugar was back in range. I'm just glad I hadn't decided to increase her insulin in response to the higher numbers.
.
She continues to be angry because I don't trust her. She can't figure out why....

No comments: