Saturday, August 1, 2009

Progress

The stress list in the envelope addressed to God seemed to help Daughter. She was not nearly as anxious yesterday. She actually worked at the workshop, completing half a box of her piece work (the day before she'd done one item). We went out to supper last night, and then to a concert in the park. At the intermission she pointed out that she wasn't begging to go home and trying to convince me she was too sick to stay, like she usually does.
.
I also think the tremors have lessened some, so maybe the reduction in her depakote will work-- as long as she doesn't start her rapid cycling or become manic. This evening I am doing a prayer at a community event. It will get us a free banquet meal. Daughter is already telling me she's not going. Some things never change. For now, she's still in bed, and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.
.
She has a softball game Tuesday night, swimming on Wednesday, and Friday we leave to go celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday at an open house on Saturday. I just found out that the invitations for the open house have not yet been mailed out. I guess that means I won't have to prepare as much salad and pulled pork.... Dad is back in congestive heart failure, and is becoming more confused and cantankerous. Hopefully he won't wake up next Saturday and declare he's too sick to go to his party, but anything is possible.
.
For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the quiet. It is a wonderful gift.

No comments: