Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Gift of a Day

Daughter and I were sitting in the workshop parking lot waiting for everyone to arrive and load up to go the softball game 80 miles from here when word came that the game had been cancelled. We didn't get much rain, but the community where we were going to play had received 2 inches, and it was too wet to play.
.
Daughter was disappointed, and I was a little frustrated, but as I started out of the parking lot, I realized I had been given the gift of a day that wasn't scheduled. So, we went to the store and purchased some things we needed and then came home and I dug into the kitchen. I've washed new containers for storing things, cleared off some counter space, and am going to make tortillas. Daughter bought the Hannah Montana movie, and will probably try to see how many times she can watch it today. She's happy, I'm happy, it's a good day.

No comments: