Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Irritated


Today I am very much on edge. Even the littlest thing can irritate me. I suppose it has something to do with all the stress, and of course there were ample things to irritate me this morning.

.

Daughter insisted she didn't need Miralax last night. I've been giving it to her nightly for the last week or so because she was back to regularly clogging the toilet. I know it has to do with her stress level. I finally decided we'd just go back to the nightly Miralax so I wouldn't be plunging the toilet several times a week. So this morning she clogged the toilet. It's a great way to start the day.

.

This morning I was trying to finish the newsletter. The leaders of all the programs that are starting in September failed to get information on the office for the newsletter, despite numerous reminders. Of course, if people don't show up for their events, it will be because no one cares, not because they failed to publicize it.

.

Secretary still hasn't mastered formatting documents. As I was trying to finalize the newsletter (which wasn't cooperating this morning), she was trying to format the program for the Big Event which is happening September 6. She kept answering me questions, which distracted me and which I couldn't answer without going over to look at her computer. I finally told her to set it aside and I would fix it. When I opened it, it was a mess. She has things in different fonts and there are so many layers of formatting that I finally saved it to a flash drive and brought it home to finish.

.

I got ambushed Sunday evening, and over my concerns, youth group will now include one 6th grader. We also have several high school seniors. It's just not going to be possible to meet the needs of this wide an age range. The 6th grader came to me and asked to join with a high school junior and senior. I couldn't say no without looking totally unreasonable.

.

Sunday School is starting. I love to teach. Every year I try to teach a class, and the members don't show up regularly. There will be a large group one Sunday and they'll talk about how much they enjoyed the class. The next week, only 1 person will show up, and eventually I'm alone most Sundays. I want to teach, but am not sure I want to go through the frustration yet again.

.

Yesterday I had to take Daughter to Big City for Psychiatrist. Tonight she has a softball game. Tomorrow afternoon I have a youth stopping by to talk and an outreach meeting in the evening.

.

Dad is now home, and says he slept well last night. He walked to breakfast and back this morning. He still is carrying around 48 pounds of fluid. I'm still wondering how much longer he'll be with us, and what I'm going to have to rearrange so I can leave town in a hurry for a funeral.

.

I got a phone call this morning from a man who was referred to me by Former Member. FM grew up in this church and moved away. He comes back for the Big Event and other things through the year. He always has some great idea for what we need to do to solve problems we don't have. He told this man to call me, because he knew we would want him to do the program for our heritage celebration in March.

.

Secretary's foster sons still haven't started school, so they were hanging in the church office asking questions this morning. When I got the newsletter done, I gathered my things and left. If I stayed any longer, I would have said things I would have regretted. I would have growled at someone and maybe even bitten them. I'm just irritated today. I'm going to put a warning sign around my next so people will know not to get too close or ask me any questions....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok i'd be cranky. so do they call it mira lax cause its supposed to be a miracle??? sheeze

Reverend Mom said...

I don't think it's a miracle, but it does mean I don't have to plunge the toilet several times a week....