Thursday, August 27, 2009

HIbernating

I picked Daughter up from the workshop for an appointment with Therapist this afternoon. When I asked her how her day had been, she said it had been her worse day ever, and she'd hibernated. I couldn't figure out what she was talking about. She reminded me that she'd hibernated at a game one time. I was still confused. Finally she said, "I had troubles with breathing." Oh! She was talking about hyperventilating! She was blaming her diabetes, but I told her it was because of stress and anxiety. She protested that she didn't make it happen. I assured her that I knew that, but that her stress and anxiety led to it.
.
Interesting revelation when she saw Therapist: she's not concerned about Granddad, "he's better now." Her anxiety is over drama at the workshop. Therapist isn't sure what's going on, but apparently there is more drama there, and Daughter isn't coping well. That's why she hyperventilated. Hibernating may have been a better way to deal with it....

No comments: