Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Worship Planning

A colleague and I had a phone appointment this afternoon to do some worship planning for September. Last night the worship committee met, and we made some plans for World Communion Sunday. Both of these meetings energized me and got me excited about worship in the next month and a half. I was able to set aside my concerns about Dad for several hours, and focus on the Good News and struggle with how to communicate it and lead a congregation in discovery and worship. I'm grateful.
.
Dad has gained another pound. Sister says it is obvious he doesn't feel good. He goes to the doctor tomorrow. For now, it's nice to have things that I can focus on and that excite me. One of the upcoming Scripture lessons talks about prayer. My prayer for Dad is for peace, and for strength for the rest of us. It will be hard, but I know that death will bring healing to Dad. Maybe he will be with Mom for their wedding anniversary at the end of the month. Or maybe he will rally and last several more months. All I ask is for peace, strength, and welcome distractions.
.
Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to travel 30 miles south of here to visit one of the saints who is failing rapidly. I'm sure it will be a bittersweet visit, filled with thoughts of Mom and Dad. I will minister to her, and hope that someone is ministering to Dad.

No comments: