Sunday, March 1, 2009

Too Many Times

I was trying to count Daughter's hospitalizations today. I couldn't. I went over to see her after I met with the family about the funeral I have on Tuesday. Her nurse told me I couldn't pull her out of group. I didn't pull her out of group, the aide went and got her. I didn't know she was in group. I had a very short visit with her, as she was required to go to the dining room for her supper. I'm not happy with the way they are managing her diabetes. They aren't giving her enough insulin, they aren't helping her figure out her meals, and they are giving her her fast acting insulin too long before she eats. There was a time when I would have been all over them about it. But I decided it's not worth fighting. She'll only be there a few days, and I'm not going to get all uptight about it.
.
I told her I may not go over tomorrow. I have to plan the funeral tomorrow. It's supposed to be my day off, but once again, I will be working. She seemed depressed when I was there, which has me thinking that I should go over tomorrow.
.
I bought a lock box today that I can keep in the refrigerator for her insulin. I'm going to clean out a drawer in a filing cabinet for the other medications. I'll have to keep the keys on me at all times. I'm hoping it will be Thursday before I bring her home. The first part of the week is going to be very busy.
.
I don't know at what point these hospitalizations ceased to be something to worry about. I just know that they aren't as hard as they once were. They still wear me out, and I still end up eating junk food and too much chocolate when she's in, but I sleep at nights now, and I don't call to check up on her as often.
.
I will be interested to see what Psychiatrist does when she sees Daughter tomorrow. The one who is on call this weekend told her he wasn't going to change any of her medications, he'd leave that for Psychiatrist.

No comments: