Monday, March 9, 2009

Is It Safe?

This morning Daughter woke up with her best fasting blood sugar in months, maybe even years: 98. She was up with her alarm, and was completely dressed before I rolled out of bed. After the moment of shock at her blood sugar, she became concerned: "Is it safe to have a 98 in the morning?"
.
I assured her it was safe and healthy. I believe she has now gone 2 nights without getting up to eat during the night. Now I just need to work on figuring out her insulin to carb ratio so we can get her numbers during the day into line.
.
I will pick her up at noon today to take her to see Psychiatrist. I haven't decided what, if anything, I'm going to say to Psychiatrist about her discharge. I'm not happy with the way her diabetes was handled during her recent hospitalization or the way her discharge was handled, but I am pleased with where she is today.
.
Over all, I have been very pleased with Psychiatrist, and it has been a huge challenge finding competent psychiatrists to deal with Daughter. I don't want to complain so much she dumps Daughter as a patient.
.
I guess I'm asking the question I'm asking is similar to Daughter's: "Is it safe to continue with Psychiatrist?" I find myself coming back to one answer: "It's much safer than any of the alternatives I've explored."

No comments: