Linda B gave me the Dardos Award. It's my first blog award, and made my day. So here is what the Dardos Award is all about:
The Dardos Award is given in "recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.The rules:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.
It was a challenge to come up with five blogs to pass the award to, because many of them I most enjoy have already been nominated. Here's my list:
1. Sarah's Recipes for a Post-Modern Planet. The recipes are always good and she is a great story teller.
2. Kari's Thoughts Preserved. In addition to a realistic look at the challenges, frustrations and joys of raising damaged kids, she also is a great source of information and ideas.
3. Cindy's Big Mama Hollers is another realistic look at life with troubled children. Her faith is an inspiration.
4. Munchkin Mom is a friend. She has a great sense of humor, which helps her survive her challenging children. The progress they have made in her home is amazing.
5. Busy Intersection Torina juggles work, school, challenging kids, and now major health issues. She does it all with a wonderful sense of humor. Of course, she's already been awarded this-- several times. She deserves it.