Saturday, March 14, 2009

And So It Begins

Today we went to town to run some errands, some of them connected to my departure and aides coming in to stay with her. It is now becoming real to her, and the acting out is beginning. She has come down to help me in the dining room several times, and quickly explodes and retreats to her bedroom. I have to give her credit-- she does keep trying.
.
I've invited conversation about her concerns, but she's not able/willing to talk about them right now. It's something new, and even though she knows and likes the aides, she's scared. I have been seeking to reassure her, but she is beyond reassurance right now.
.
She was convinced she almost had a seizure in the car while I was in the pharmacy.
.
The phone calls I've had about the family drama are not helping. Now there is a great disagreement as to where Mom should go for rehab. We all want what's best for Mom, but you wouldn't think that by the way two of my siblings are talking about each other. Both are beyond reason at this point. I sent them an email asking that they refrain from taking their frustration with one another out on me. One hasn't received the email yet and the other is only communicating with me via text message and email, which is fine.
.
Hopefully Daughter will be able to calm down enough that we can address her fears before I leave on Monday. There's just so much I need to get done between now and then....

No comments: