Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Power of the Z-Pack

Last night I had trouble sleeping.  Every time I swallowed, the pain woke me up.  I finally gave up and got up at 5:00.  I picked up Daughter at 7:30 for an assessment to start group therapy.  While I was waiting, I called and got an appointment with my Nurse Practitioner.  I took Daughter back to the church, did a bit of work, and then headed to the appointment.  Daughter went into my study to pout, and Administrative Assistant went in and told her she needed to come fold bulletins.  So she went out and folded bulletins. 

NP suspects strep because of the amount of pain I was in, so she prescribed a Z-pack and gave me suggestions for things to help ease the pain of the sore throat.  Part of the issue is I can't take aspirin, ibuprofen, or Tylenol.  Of course, just swallowing pills is hard right now.  I drank lots of hot tea today.  I took a nap on the love seat in my study this afternoon, and then left right after bell choir.  AA was going to make sure Daughter got home.   I felt a bit better as the day went on, but my throat is still very painful, and I've now begun to cough.... 

NP suggested I get someone else to preach for me Sunday.  I won't do that, but I am going to rest tomorrow and Saturday.  I was supposed to play cards Saturday evening, and I sent my apologies today.  It would have been fun, but Sunday morning is much more important.    Hopefully after resting for two days I will be up for that.  Standing an hour for bell choir this evening was a challenge....

No comments: