Monday, September 16, 2013

Seeking Attention

Daughter is frustrated because she knows I have a busy week.  She is aware I will not be available to her all the time due to meetings/commitments.  She was with me Friday-Sunday, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I have an all day meeting on Tuesday and an overnight retreat Tuesday evening.  She'll be with me Thursday-Sunday this week, but that doesn't change the fact that I will be hard to reach from Tuesday morning until Wednesday afternoon.  I had a couple of phone calls from her today.  She's claiming voices/flashbacks.  I reminded her of coping skills.  That wasn't what she was looking for.  I asked her what she wanted, but she hung up on me, angry.  Of course, this evening she called and apologized. 

I feel sorry for the staff that will be working with her.  She will survive.  She doesn't need me all the time, despite what she might think.   She's not going to succeed I her attempts to manipulate me, and I know that will leave her very frustrated.  That's her problem, not mine. 

No comments: